Van Dam Estates: GIPE certified real estate agent in South Spain

Request EPC

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

For several years it has been compulsory in Spain to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for a holiday home that is offered for sale or for a holiday home that is inhabited for more than 4 months per year. This is fully in line with European legislation on an energy label for homes.

What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) indicates how energy efficient a (holiday) home is. You know such labels from washing machines and fridges and are reasonably comparable. Of course there are also many differences. In particular, the determination of the EPC must be carried out by certified specialists. These specialists look, among other things, at the insulation, ventilation, CO² emissions and other factors that influence the energy management of the holiday home. This maps out what the energy consumption is to heat or cool the holiday home. Naturally, when they inspect your holiday home, the specialists will also come with practical advice. You can think of, for example, installing double glazing or installing extra insulation.

After the inspection, a certificate will be drawn up by the specialists that your holiday home will receive. These certificates range from A to G, with A being the most energy efficient and G the least. The EPC will then be valid for 10 years.

In general, the somewhat older holiday homes in Spain have an EPC of D or E, while the modern new-build holiday homes in the Costa Blanca have better values. This is due to the use of sustainable and better quality building materials.

Request Energy Performance Certificate

If you want to offer your holiday home for sale or if you are going to live in your holiday home for more than 4 months you must have an EPC. This also applies to holiday homes that are rented for more than 4 months per year. If an EPC is missing, the owner of the holiday home risks a fine of € 300 to € 6,000.

If you need an Energy Performance Certificate, we advise you to request it as soon as possible. In general, the costs of the EPC will be somewhere between € 155 and € 450 excluding VAT. The costs depend on the size of the holiday home.

Request EPC Spain

Below we refer you to a partner who can determine an EPC for your holiday home. Do not hesitate and apply for EPC Spain.


Estoy de acuerdo

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para realizar análisis de uso y de medición de nuestra web para mejorar nuestros servicios. Si continua navegando, consideramos que acepta su uso. Para obtener más información aquí.